- Bachelor’s Degree in packaging engineering or related discipline preferred
Experience / Skills / Other Requirements:
- 2 years of experience designing packaging using wood and cardboard.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of rust protection technology.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Experience working with a variety of lean tools and concepts.
- Ability to communicate and deal with a variety of people including internal customers, management, and functional departments.
- Ability to effectively train, teach, and coach hourly team members.
- Ability to work with frequent distractions in a very fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service and/or interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Provide leadership and support to packaging and continuous improvement initiatives at the individual work cell level including packaging studies to analyze effectiveness of the packaging system, development of packaging standards and improvements to existing packaging.
- Study engineering drawings, physical characteristic of the product, customer preferences and material in order to design, develop, and improve cost effective packaging.
- Provide weekly Packaging Inventory updates and recommendations based on usage.
- Review and update the Packaging Instructions/methods in AOS and SAP.
- Perform BMW SAP Lot uploads based on Bill Of Materials.
- Ensures that personal actions or the actions of others conducted do not endanger him/herself , other employees, or visitors.
- Provides input on the development and/or revision of various policies or standard operational procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This position is responsible for developing and implementing packaging and reviewing packing methods, and documenting packaging process. Will conduct analysis and make recommendations to improve case utilization.
- This position may require travel within and outside the United States.
Please e-mail your application letter with CV to:
No phone calls please.
Syncreon - 17 months ago