Step up to Hartz, the leaders of quality pet care products. We currently have a great opportunity for a Packaging Engineer at our Secaucus, NJ location.
Reporting into the Packaging Engineering Manager. This staff member will drive packaging growth and improvement initiatives across a Global Business. This is a highly exposed role and this individual must possess suplerlative technical, communication and leadership skills. This individual must be able to be flexible/adaptable to a fast pace moving environment.
This candidate will be successful at driving a lean mindset as they strategically implement key packaging fundamentals within the entire supply chain.
This individual must be able to motivate the internal organization and external suppliers to focus on quality and productivity. The effectiveness of this professional will be quantified by their ability to prioritize and implement new packaging technology and processes into a demanding customer base, however all done with executuional excellence.
Our candidate of choice will be ethical, fair-minded and a team player in a constantly evolving organization.
- Lead all packaging development projects that will include, but not limited to: design, process development, testing, and execution
- Lead/support line trials at the manufacturing sites in the US or globally.
- Support/Champion the concept stage of development and commercialization of new and or improved prototypes in partnership with Marketing.
- Held accountable for creating and finalizing all specifications and die lines.
- Drive best practices in consumer satisfcation through quality improvement and operational excellence.
- BS in Packaging Engineer or related engineering fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a packaging engineer.
- Demonstrates project management skills and the abilty to prioritize parallel projects, concurrent projects/tasks to meet deadlines with a high sense of urgency
- Excels in verbal and written communication.
- Abilty to collaborate in a team environment, but also be able to stand alone when faced with difficult challenges.
- Abilty and willingness to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
Packaging Specific Qualifications
- Background in paperboard, corrugate, rigid and flexibles packaging
- Trained in TOPs and or CAPE
- Full understanding and backgrond experience of ASTM test methods
Quality Products for pets since 1926
The Hartz Mountain Corporation - 20 months ago
Hartz has mountains of products for pets! The company makes 1,500-plus pet care products, including nutritional supplements for birds and...