The Packaging Inspector is a staff position responsible for auditing operations and user locations to ensure compliance in the usage and procedures established.
The Packaging Inspector through inspections and quality audits will secure that the quality of the packaging is of the level that is described in current guidelines at releasers, terminals, depots and users.
- Introduction of new procedures at terminals, depots and customers.
- Perform quality audits and follow-up at terminals, depots and customers.
- Plan quality audits together with staff from the Packaging Distribution and Marketing departments. Keep the minutes of the quality audits and distribute it to the parties concerned.
· Participate in writing instructions and use-to-fit manuals for packaging owned by VLC.
- Control of repaired packaging.
- Assist in invoice control for terminal/depot activities.
- Inform releasers about packaging that is incorrectly sorted and packed. Request re-bundling of incorrectly sorted and packed packaging. Create specifications due to re-sorting costs and invoice items.
· Stop incorrect use of packaging and invoice illegal use of packaging.
- Be a part of development of new packaging.
- Assist in development of ISO 9001 and 14001 for packaging material.
· Report deviations and claims utilizing the ProLog system tool.
Minimum Education and Requirements
Preferred experience and knowledge
- BA/BS Degree preferred, in transportation and logistics or equivalent experience
- 4 years logistics/transportation and manufacturing experience preferred
- 3 years quality inspection/packaging related experience required
- Strong background in quality assurance processes
- Experience in a production JIT environment a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by the Volvo Way and the Code of Conduct.
Necessary technical/functional/language skills
- Strong communicator with good influencing skills, able to create trustful relations.
- The work includes problem-solving abilities and a good understanding of the business environment.
- Proven PC skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrate a good ability to network and build collaboration through networking
- Good experience in working with management by influence
- Strong in interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability for teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to drive change to set demanding targets and to work in and motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones.
- Proven skills in business, financial and operational analysis
is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment
- Must be willing to travel domestically as required
- Must be proficient in MS Office
Volvo Group - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard