This position will require a self directed, team oriented individual who takes pride and ownership in his/her work, and is willing to accept total responsibility for the performance of the packaging operation on his/her shift. This individual must possess good mechanical skills and be able to demonstrate their ability to produce quality product at levels that will allow the plant to meet or exceed its goals and objectives.
· Monitor product flow from strippers and silos to packaging machines.
· Clear product jams at stripper and in turners, chimneys and scales.
· Add cartons and change packaging film.
· Add containers to case packers.
· Make operational adjustments to maintain proper machine rates and packaging quality.
· Perform machine and product changeovers accurately in standard allocated time for individual lines.
· Add glue and tape.
· Monitor, operate and changeover code daters, printers and labelers.
· Monitor and adjust scales to ensure proper weights.
· Complete required production paperwork to accurately calculate run time, efficiencies and cases produced.
· Always maintain a sanitary work environment.
· Ensure that work areas are clean and that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are complied with fully.
· Accept responsibility for AIB scores in the packaging area.
· Ensure compliance with all safety programs and maintain hazard free work areas.
· Responsible for the manufacture of safe, legal and quality product.
· Must be able to adjust own work schedule in order to maintain a 2-shift operation (may require overtime as operation requires).
· Be able to effectively communicate with team members to support a self-directed work environment.
· Use sound judgment in exercising caution to insure personal safety and the safety of others.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Must demonstrate good communication skills.
· Must demonstrate good math skills.
· Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
· Demonstrate creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Solid working knowledge of the following equipment:
Ø Storage and product delivery systems
Ø Computer scales and other weighing devices
Ø Metal detectors and check weighers devices
Ø Cartoners, baggers, casepackers, sealers and lift
· 12 hour night shift, 6pm - 6:30am every other weekend and many holidays