Waymouth Farms is a privately owned company that offers over 500 bulk and packaged products nationwide under the Good Sense Brand which are processed in our New Hope, Minnesota facilities. Waymouth Farms continues to grow and evolve as a leading supplier of innovative, quality snack foods for healthier living. These include dried fruits, trail mixes, nuts and seeds, yogurt snacks, savory mixes, Organic, and Salad Pizazz®.|
PACKAGING MACHINE OPERATORS (1ST AND 2ND SHIFT POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Operate food packaging machines and associated equipment to meet or exceed efficiency, quality, and safety standards
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Coordinate product movement with Forklift Operator.
- Know what the product schedule states and the sequence products are to be run. Inform line helpers of boxes to be used in the runs.
- Check machine for loose, missing or broken parts and make sure all safety guards are in place before start up.
- Set up per machine specifications, using flow chart.(bag length, seals, code date, nitrogen checks, printers, expiration date, taper.
- Instruct line workers to clean machine during changeovers and set up of new product. (Get supervisor involved if needed).
- Monitor continually and document results of seals, seal temperatures, check weights and oxygen levels using weight charts (after start-up and every 1/2 hour during runs). Notify Supervisor if specifications are not met.
- Notify Supervisor prior to completion of run to allow utilization of personnel during changeover.
- Instruct production line to keep production area clean at all times, such as quick lock machines, conveyor belts, sweeping and other duties as directed.
- Observe and assist when necessary packaging personnel to assure proper casing and palletizing of product.
- Organic and allergen training.
- Complete paperwork which includes downtime, machine log, and pallet records, Quality Control Charts, Flow Charts, Material Tally Sheets, GMP's Reports, etc. (Must be readable and clear).
- Notify Supervisor of mechanical malfunctions and/or of safety problems and/or product issues, immediately.
- Perform any other duties requested by Supervisor.
- May be called upon to open and dump 20-50 lb. containers - maximum of 50 per hour.
- Provide work direction and training, as necessary, to packaging workers.
- Communicate problems, issues, etc. with next Shift Operator.
- Perform all tasks using proper GMP's and safety procedures (such as safety belts, ear plugs, goggles). Make sure line workers are doing the same.
- Maintain confidentiality with all Waymouth Farms' information and procedures.
- Work with maintenance to help trouble shooting of machine problems.
- Has been trained on organic compliance requirements on a yearly basis
- Responsible for machine operations
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Work effectively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Work flexible hours to meet production needs
- Responsible for product quality and to meet productivity standards
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Interact with other departments in a positive manner
Education and/or Experience
- Good communication skills (Ability to communicate in English: speak, write)
- Good organizational skills
- Good basic math aptitude and ability to use scales and calculators (must pass basic math test)
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good sense of teamwork and urgency
- High School Graduate or GED
- Good penmanship
- Some experience in packaging environment preferably operating machines.
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago
Waymouth Farms aims to please mouths and minds with health-conscious snacks. The company manufactures dried fruit, nuts, seeds, trail mixes,...