Provide engineering and technical support to drive packaging operations performance. Identifies and removes barriers to enable attainment of production rates, consistent quality, and efficient changeovers. Develops and executes continuous improvement plan for packaging operations.
- Support, implement, and maintain food safety practices as required through SQF.
- Responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Focuses on metrics attainment (OEE / rate / yields / schedule attainment). Aides packaging techs in troubleshooting. Drives equipment simplification and set up repeatability to optimize changeover efficiency. Collaborates with maintenance on identifying equipment reliability issues and developing mitigation strategies to improve reliability. Identifies and implements improvements to ensure process consistency and capability.
- Main driver of continuous improvement for packaging operations. Analyzes operational data to identify and prioritize chronic barriers to performance for targeted improvement. Coordinates and collaborates with counterparts at other MOM Brands manufacturing sites to share knowledge and best practices in order to ensure multi-site benefits.
- Understands rate capabilities for packaging operations, identifies bottleneck operations preventing rate attainment and implements improvements. Identifies gaps and develops strategy for rate increases to meet business growth needs. Able to identify barriers to efficient workflow and capacity utilization and to develop creative solutions to overcome them.
- Collaborates with packaging technicians and operators to define and sustain optimal equipment set-ups (operating parameters, sequences, set points, etc.).
- Responds to new packaging requests. Investigates and determines production feasibility. Identifies tools, equipment and methods to produce new products and support new product start-ups and integration.
- Collaborates with packaging technology engineers on the development, evaluation, and integration of new packaging designs and enhancements to meet strategic business plans and customer requirements.
- Maintains updated process control & operational documentation.
- Perform any other function as directed to meet company and business needs.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Willingness to work nights, holidays, and weekends as needed should business conditions require it.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in packaging operations encompassing vertical and horizontal form fill and seal machines, cartoning, case erectors, packers, and sealers, robotic operations, and all forms of package conveying. High speed pouching and blending a plus. Experience in a food processing environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and coaching skills. Ability to work closely with peers and internal customers to share responsibility and solve problems.
- Strong written and oral communication and facilitation skills. Ability to write reports and develop specifications. Knowledgeable in the use of personal computers.
- Skilled at working in a team environment. Excellent listener, empathetic and compassionate to individuals concerns and needs.
- Experienced at analyzing process data and equipment performance data to improve product quality and optimize system throughput and reduce costs.
- Experienced at managing contractors, maintenance personnel, and production personnel. Experienced at training maintenance and production personnel. Possess a working knowledge of SPC.
- Creative and change-oriented. Experienced and adept at continuous improvement methodology.
- Self-starter, operates independently or with minimal direction, and navigates ambiguous situations effectively.
MOM Brands - 8 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...