JOB TITLE: Packaging Operator, 5 day schedule, grave
REPORTS TO: Team Lead/Area Manager
JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for Setting up, adjusting, operating, and maintaining machines that perform one or more packaging functions such as filling bags, sealing bags, and packing products according to company and customers’ specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
- Reviews production schedule: Makes recommendations for most effective scheduling.
- Calculates efficiencies and consumptions per hour on packaging production line: Provides direction/leadership to supports/temps to accurately consume all materials.
- Programs packaging machines.
- Pulls and weighs samples.
- Runs line, changes over, and cleans down at standard rates and expectations.
- Cleans the entire packaging line when needed, including: scrubbing, mopping, sweeping, emptying trash, collecting for recycling, blowing down area.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance on the packaging equipment: lubes and oils machinery to ensure optimum performance.
- Operates production PC, production terminal, mark ink coders, & AZO system.
- Assists in installing poly film rolls on horizontal spindle.
- Re-packs, re-bags, or reinserts products rejected by QA.
- Follows GMP 's and housekeeping guidelines: maintains high levels of quality and follows standards at all times.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Mechanically inclined; high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Committed to internal and external customer expectations; confront and solve problems.
- Quality minded; ensures all products produced meets quality and customer standards.
- Accurate reading, math and organizational skills.
Able to be:
- Promote safety at all times
- Communicate well and provide meaningful feed back.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently while working unsupervised.
- Continuously perform and ensure the accuracy of various mathematical functions.
- Promote safety and works in a safe manner at all times.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Stand and walk on a cement floor.
- Coach, mentor, and train others.
- Work within a team environment with a continuous improvement focus.
- Bend, lift, and carry using proper techniques, up to 60 lb. on a regular basis.
- Climb ladders occasionally.
- Flexible to work overtime and other shifts as business needs require.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of Food processing and packaging machinery experience preferred.
- Fork lift experience helpful.
THE POLICY OF CONTINENTAL MILLS IS TO RECRUIT, HIRE , TRAIN AND PROMOTE ALL PERSONS IN ALL JOB GROUPS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE , COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE , MARTIAL STATUS, PRESENCE OF SENSORY, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL HANDICAP, VIETNAM VETERAN STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Continental Mills, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer and marketer of prepared flour mixes and related products, located in Tukwila, WA.