Responsible for efficiently monitoring and operating downstream machines and related capping and casing equipment. Ensure and upholds quality standards by performing periodic package and case integrity tests. Responsible for proper set-up and changeovers of equipment and supplies. Performs rework and sanitation duties as required. Responsible for efficient operation of automated Palletizer system. Troubleshoot problems by using computer touch screen. Use gas or electric powered forklift to move product in a safe manner to specific warehouse locations.
• Operate downstream equipment, including conveyor line, accumulator, capper, wraparound, unit and labeler
• Perform start-up and shutdown procedures as needed
• Supply materials to equipment and clear jams as needed
• Perform sanitation and rework duties as needed
• Perform package and case integrity tests ensuring the upholding of quality standards
• Maintain sanitary standards during and at completion of packaging
• Load finished product in trailers
• Stage product in specific warehouse locations
• Load pallets into palletizer.
• Ensure food safety and quality protocols are followed.
• Support other departments including material handling, sanitation duties, reprocessing, etc. as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory responsibilities: This position is not supervisory in nature
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to operate with moderate supervision, be detail oriented, and exercise independent judgment
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem analysis skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language
• Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
• Critical decision-making skills, creativity, multi-tasking ability
• Basic technology programming (database setup, setting up defaults)
• Ability to push up to 300 pounds, pull up to 500 pounds and lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
Minimum qualifications: High school degree or equivalent required. Six months plus food processing and/or production experience preferred. Must have ability to become certified forklift operator.
Working conditions: Flexibility to shift work, extensive close work, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying, the use of and exposure to hazardous materials, high voltage, hot pipes and constant standing. Exposure to moving mechanical parts and limited platform work above ground is performed. The noise level is typically moderate to loud. Mandatory overtime may be required. Subject to continuous walking, standing, repetitive motions including frequent stooping, finger work, grasping with hands/wrists, reaching, bending, climbing, handling, hearing and talking.
Pacific Foods of Oregon - 22 months ago