Effective Date: 8/11/14
Facility: Corporate - IC
JOB TITLE: Packaging Technical Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Creative Services Director
JOB SUMMARY : Responsible for the development, coordination, and trouble shooting of labeling content for specified packaging materials which may include corrugated cases, trays, labels and on-line printed material. Also maintains shared records and files of specified package materials used at all plant facilities. The successful execution of these responsibilities will result in customer approved and accurate labeling of package materials within pre-determined timelines that are effectively handed over to our manufacturing facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE :
- Manages planning and schedules for various labeling projects. Communicates with printers, designers and CM team members for timing of projects.
- Works with core team to plan, prioritize and schedule changes/updates to existing packaging.
- Develops content as determined from company notification tools, sales/customer requirements and translation of technical data.
- Coordinates file handoff to printer of all packaging materials; tracks file handoff dates through approval of color standards. Facilitates ink and graphic color standard’s file management.
- Reviews all production proofs for printability; plans and implements coding requirements and eye marks, validates in proofing process and manages tracking documents.
- Represents CS team on Request for Proposals (RFP) sourcing projects for packaging and plant labeling solutions, manage implementation plans for any partner changes.
- Initiates internal communication of package changes via change orders, project email updates and publish milestones for planning purposes.
- Manages updates and organization of samples and history files for projects. Documents and archives obsolete packaging and technical materials.
- Creates and maintains databases of graphics for all plant facilities.
- Provides direction to printing vendor regarding project scope and requirements and evaluates estimates. Reviews and processes prepress, plate and graphic invoices.
- Coordinates completed packaging materials with Plant team members according to pre-determined timing/schedule.
- Maintains index spreadsheets, standard operating procedures and printing vendor contacts for packaging items.
- Participates as a member of the proofing team. Proofs packaging in progress and assists in the package approval process. Communicates changes in written form to designer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :
- Relationship management skills for both internal teams and external supplier partners.
- Understanding of CM key functions and processes.
- High degree of professionalism. Viewed as competent, credible and knowledgeable.
- Advanced Excel Skills & Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications
- Aptitude for learning additional software and printing equipment (Markem, Clarisoft and/or other as required)
- Ability and knowledge to proof technical information and food preparation/recipe documents.
Personal & Social Competence
- Problem solving skills that include reviewing circumstances to come to a decision, identifying problem areas and offering quick and thorough solutions, working with many other parties to come to consensus and communicating effectively to keep team apprised of status.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Conveys information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive, takes initiative, and directs necessary follow-up action as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple projects while meeting pre-determined deadlines.
- Analytical thinker
- High degree of professionalism; viewed as competent, credible and knowledgeable.
- Problem solving and solution development skills
- Adherence to process and keen eye for detail
- Autonomous and self-motivated within areas of responsibility
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Flexible and organized, with the ability to handle changing environment and multiple priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.
- Bachelor of Arts degree or 5 years of related experience in a food manufacturing company
- Consumer Products or Food company package/labeling experience preferred.
- Experience with printing, proofing, and pre-press preferred
- Knowledge of nutritional labeling standards a plus.