JOB TITLE: Packaging Support, 5 day schedule, grave, 6 positions
REPORTS TO: Team Lead/Area Manager
JOB PURPOSE : This position is responsible for supporting all areas of production involved with packaging dry food products according to customer and company specifications, packing, trucking, stacking, counting, wrapping, weighing, cleaning, operating machinery on a rotating basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE :
- Packs products into cases.
- Tucks (Hand Tucks or uses hand/fingers to make creases in product bags).
- Hand stacks (patting) products.
- Inserts, counts, wraps and weighs products.
- Operates packaging machinery. Operates tape machine, case sealer machine and cardboard compactor.
- Cleans: mops, steam cleans, wipes down areas, vacuums, blows down area, and using scrubber machine.
- Uses computer to program coders and uses AZO transfer system.
- Stacks and un-stacks wooden pallets.
- Performs regularly scheduled sanitation tasks.
- Provides direction to temps.
- Performs cleandowns to established time and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :
Must be able to:
- Quality and safety minded.
- Continuously work in a safe manner, following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Stand and walk on a cement floor; crouch and stoop.
- Lift and carry, using proper lifting techniques, up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Climb ladder or climb stairs.
- Reach at or below shoulder height frequently; reach overhead occasionally.
- Handle and grasp continuously; ability to continuously place components on moving production line; repetitive motion frequently.
- Be flexible to work overtime.
- Continuously read and follow directions correctly, written instructions and Standard Operating Procedures as well as verbal communication.
- Continuously perform and ensure the accuracy of various mathematical functions.
- Continuously abide by Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping guidelines.
- Focus on customer service and quality.
- Coach, mentor, and train others.
- Work with a Continuous Improvement focus in a team environment.
- Communicate well and provide meaningful feedback; identify and solve problems.
- Manage time efficiently and effectively while working unsupervised.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Production experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent math skills.
THE POLICY OF CONTINENTAL MILLS IS TO RECRUIT, HIRE, TRAIN AND PROMOTE ALL PERSONS IN ALL JOB GROUPS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, MARTIAL STATUS, PRESENCE OF SENSORY, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL HANDICAP, VIETNAM VETERAN STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Continental Mills, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer and marketer of prepared flour mixes and related products, located in Tukwila, WA.