- Follows step by step written and/or verbal instructions (checklists) in the preparation of fully assembled trucks and/or accessories for shipment.Disassembles large shipments as required.Ensures all paperwork/documentation is included and complete.
- Performs a variety of routine shipping/receiving duties typically including, but not limited to: Packing, crating, banding, foaming, mailing, loading, unloading, etc.
- Utilizing a personal computer, keeps accurate records/documentation of all transactions for shipments and deliveries.
- Builds crates/skids as required for shipping.
- Interfaces with production control, product finishing and with external trucking company(ies) to ensure shipping schedules are met. Assists in resolving routine problems/issues.
- Keeps work area neat, clean and organized.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Requires knowledge of basic English grammar and spelling and ability to read, comprehend and follow written instructions. Also needs to be able to operate a personal computer and perform basic arithmetic. Knowledge typically acquired through obtaining a high school degree. Position does not require work experience but zero (0) to three (3) years manufacturing/warehouse related work experience is preferred.
Needs to have good communication skills including ability to persuade others in securing cooperation and/or resolving problems. Needs to be able to work in team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
Works in a factory/warehouse setting. Required to stand for long periods of time and may manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
The Raymond Corporation - 13 months ago
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...