Summary: To attain this position, the employee must be willing to actively participate in Continuous Improvement Project Teams, 5S and six sigma events, have good interpersonal skills, cooperate with other departments, and have a positive attitude, good attendance and safety record. The Printing Department’s Production Assistants works under the direction of the Printing Supervisor or Leadspersons. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Understand and comply with all safety related policies and procedures.
• Operate unwind section of press, including roller preparation, mounting and splicing, festoon and roll alignment.
• Operate rewind section of press.
• Stack, pack, label, and palletize per customer requirement.
• Recognize and communicate quality issues; verify order integrity.
• Participate in all make-readies, including cleaning blankets, ink fountains, changing plates, performing wash-ups.
• Participate in preventive maintenance activities, as directed by operator.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and surrounding area to SQF standards.
• Maintain a good attendance record.
• Maintain a professional and positive attitude at all time.
• Demonstrate courteous and cooperative demeanor.
• Participate in continuous improvement.
• Other responsibilities as required.
Skill and Experience:
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to receive and act on written and oral instructions, write brief reports, discuss mechanical situations and applications, and provide direction to others.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have basic math skills.
• Must be able to determine production quality requirements, including specification issues, degree of quality issue, and shade variation.
• Must be able to work any shift and overtime as required by production demands.
• Must be able to identify slight color variations.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs to shoulder height.
• Must be able to push and turn jumbo paper rolls weighing up to 1000lbs frequently.
• Must be able to push full cars of waste material weighing up to 1200lbs to the balers.
• Must be able to climb stairs occasionally to access roof to clear jams form trim system.
• Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally.
• Must be able to stand and walk 100% of working time.
• High school diploma or GED preferred
HUHTAMAKI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Huhtamaki, Inc. - 16 months ago