2nd Shift Sunday - Thursday 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Ensures the customer’s product is packed properly to eliminate any possible damage that could be caused from shipment.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of one (1) year of previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere, including receiving, pulling orders, packing and shipping preferred. Previous experience operating powered industrial equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jacks, stock pickers, etc.) preferred.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Pack items in tote or box as marked.
- Ensure that items are properly packed: glass items wrapped properly, no heavy items on crushable items, tape on caps of liquids.
- Ensure that designated items are properly placed in plastic bags when necessary.
- Scan ULL to record picking/packing data.
- Ensure that all required paperwork is completed: packing slips placed in totes/boxes, customer label properly affixed top tote/box, packer number placed in designated area of picking slips, and placement of ULL on side of tote.
- Maintain a work area that is clean and re-stocked with necessary items for the following shift.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
- Must maintain good attendance and safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Ability to communicate well with internal customers and management. Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed. Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The associate is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time, walk, and climb. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically moderate to high.
Employee-owned KeHE distributes specialty, gourmet, natural and organic, kosher, and ethnic foods to over 12,000 retail customers in 49...