The packer position assembles shipping containers, packs finished product into them and prepares them for shipment. The packer may also function as a relief operator when needed.
- Plans, assembles, fabricates or repairs crates, boxes, cartons and other packaging containers of large or unusual size or shape
- Prepares finished products for shipment or storage by placing them in proper shipping containers
- Mark or identify containers with destination information
- Function as a Relief Operator in all areas of the plant where assigned
- When assigned to specific operation area, complete all duties as associated with that assignment in a safe and effective manner
- Perform sanitation duties as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule with particular attention to lockout/tag out and confined space entry when required
- Assist the plant to meet or exceed production goals
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment that promotes associate safety and product integrity
- Standing on a concrete floor
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes, such as hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
- Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
- 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
- Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
- Knowledge of inventory control principles
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Petcare North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...