Job Description for Paint Process Engineering Technician
This position reports to the Director of Operations with dotted-line reporting to Engineering. The candidate is responsible for the general and specific job duties described below. Salary is dependent on experience.
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit an objective and professional attitude that will help us maintain a positive and productive workplace.
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the employee handbook.
- To follow safety rules of VTI and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of VTI.
- To exhibit clear written and verbal communications internally and externally.
- To perform daily cross-functional job assignments as required.
Specific Job Duties:
- Operate the paint line in support of production, running customer’s production parts.
- Assist with the completion of partially installed robotic-spray UV-cure paint lines for painting plastic substrates.
- Support the development of basecoats clear top-coats for new product opportunities.
- Develop part-masking concepts and capability on paint line.
- Set-up and develop painting process windows for waterborne and solvent borne UV basecoats, and UV clear-coats.
- Maintain clean operating environment, including clean room, paint filters, and HEPA units.
- Develop, implement, verify and document parameter settings for all paint process and application equipment for all products.
- Verify and calibrate paint process and application equipment to ensure the accuracy and repeatability of the painting process.
- Develop robotic path motions and operating parameters for the introduction of new products.
- Communicate and cooperate with paint suppliers on usage optimization, formulation compatibility, paint performance and quality issues.
- Train personnel in the operation of process equipment and procedures in accordance to any established control plan.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of PFMEA’s, work instructions, control plans and ISO-9001 documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous industrial painting and robotic experience required.
- Experience with industrial control, computer technology and programming is an asset.
- Associate’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical technology preferred. Five years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Must be computer literate on the Windows platform.
- This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing or walking for up to eight (8) hours a day, the ability to perform work while sitting for up to eight (8) hours a day and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds on an infrequent basis. Good vision at a close distance is required. Must be capable of performing repetitive motion at, above and below shoulder height for up to six (6) hours a day.
Vergason Technology, Inc., provides leading edge quality products and services in four complementary businesses:
VTI- Founded on...