Broadwind Energy is seeking a Painter. This position is located in Abilene, TX. A Painter will operate painting equipment using the knowledge of steel properties and practices according to manufactures specifications. Follows customer specifications to determine surface finish acceptability levels.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Lift or move materials and finished product using large cranes.
- Paint product per customer specifications.
- Observes welded and non welded surfaces while painting. Inspects equipment, structures or materials to identify any errors or visual defects associated with surface finish.
- Operates a variety of hand held tools..
- Knowledge of painting techniques, tools and equipment.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of painting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality, raw materials and other techniques, methods and tools involved in the process of fabricating steel support structures.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education or skill in painting and fabrication of support structures of wind towers.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. with facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investments - quicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website www.bwen.com to learn more about our organization
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 17 months ago