Daktronics, Inc designs, manufactures and sells a wide range of display systems to customers in a variety of markets throughout the world. We focus our sales and marketing efforts on geographical regions, markets and products. The primary categories of markets include Live Events, Commercial, Transportation and Schools and Theatres. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling these four markets.
Daktronics operates paint booths located in the proximity to their product responsibility. The booths are equipped with Kremlin paint and primer systems. The Kremlin guns are classified as air mix. The painters share a kitchen area where all of the paint and paint components are stored. Painters are required to perform preparation, mixing and application duties. Employees working in the paint booths are required to pass a pulmonary function test to establish a baseline to monitor employee health. This test also qualifies employees to wear respirators. Daktronics uses fresh air positive pressure hoods for respiratory protection while painting. A clothing change area has been provided to eliminate the need to take contaminated clothing home. Paint uniforms are cleaned by a local service. Paint shoes are covered by the safety shoe reimbursement policy.
1. Take instruction from the paint department leadership team, report accomplishments and constraints to the paint department leaders, and communicate goals and priorities with co-workers.
2. Perform work in the order desired through communication with the paint department leaders.
3. Must identify and produce a quality product as required.
4. Organize and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
5. Wear all PPE (personal protective equipment) required and follow safety procedures.
6. Clean and maintain spray equipment as deemed necessary.
7. Continuously seek methods to improve quality, productivity and knowledge in the paint department.
8. Attend training as deemed necessary to keep safety training and skills current.
9. Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours. Work overtime as needed. Work in other departments as necessary.
10. Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
11. Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include the following: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
1. High school diploma/GED required. Prefer training in painting such as auto body.
2. Experience with paint application and mixing operations are preferred, but not necessary.
3. Must be able to pass a Pulmonary Function Test annually.
4. Ability to work around solder, paint, solvents and other paint materials.
5. Distinguish and identify colors.
6. Be able to lift and carry heavy (up to 45lbs) and/or awkward items, work with your hands and depending on workload, be able to stand and /or sit for the full shift.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
8. Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
9. Ability to learn quickly.
10. Good communication skills. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
11. Background check will be conducted.
12. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 17 months ago
South Dakota State Government
South Dakota State Government
- 7 days ago
- 10 days ago
Daktronics always knows the score. The company is a leading manufacturer of electronic displays, audio systems, and timing products. Its...