The Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton Hotel, located in the Penn Quarter/ Chinatown neighborhood, is currently looking for fun and energetic candidates in the position of Painter. Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Painter is responsible for painting, maintaining and repairing surfaces of the building, furniture, rooms and equipment throughout the facility in the hotel and restaurant. With continuous effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. The Painter is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Paint, maintain and repair painted, wall-covered, stained and varnished surfaces of building structures, rooms, furniture and equipment throughout the hotel and facilities
- Prepare and paint surfaces using techniques and tools including, but not limited to, measuring surfaces, applying spackle and plaster, mixing paint, matching paint and using brushes, rollers and spray-guns
- Install and repair covered wall and ceiling surfaces including, but not limited to, hanging vinyl paper, fabric and foil wall coverings
- Maintain and repair caulked, grouted, wood and masonry surfaces requiring staining, varnishing and lacquering
- Manage related supply inventory
Required Skills & Experience:
Minimum of 2 years experience working in hotels.
Proven leadership skills.
Must possess good communication and organizational skills with the ability to work with a variety of people.
The ability and experience to safely use power equipment and hand tools necessary to accomplish repairs and maintenance work.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends.
Do applicants need to provide their own work permit?
A respite and service center for those among the working poor, homeless and at risk of homelessness