POSITION : PAINTER
REPORTS TO: MANAGER and/or MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of PAINTER. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Our company emphasizes a TEAM APPROACH and expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
It is imperative that you review these duties, skills and physical requirements closely and that you understand that, by signing this document, you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described.
JOB BRIEF: In coordination with the Manager and Maintenance Supervisor, the Painter's primary responsibility is to insure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to "market ready" status in a timely manner and according to the Manager's timetable. Repairs and replaces drywall, paints interior or exterior surfaces, trim, and fixtures of buildings and other structures. The Painter will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Ø Conduct all business in accordance with Company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., EPA, OSHA, ADA , Fair Housing, etc.
Ø Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and lead based paint.
Ø Constantly observes the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately reports to Manager any vandalism, property damage, suspicious activity, and unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, and initiates action to correct if possible.
Ø Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
Ø Documents all work performed on daily basis according to Company work order policy.
Ø Informs Maintenance Supervisor and Manager of needed services and repairs.
Ø Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore apartment to "market ready" status:
· Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
· Smoothes surfaces and removes old paint from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting.
· Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler.
· Makes drywall repairs including mudding and taping.
· Sprays acoustic texture to match existing texture prior to painting; covers and protects surrounding surfaces.
· Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
· Removes fixtures such as outlet cover and switch covers from walls prior to painting.
· Washes surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover (when applicable).
· Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
· Paints surfaces with brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
· Responsible for cleaning and properly maintaining roller frames, roller covers, paint brushes, and all painting related equipment.
· Resurfaces tubs.
Ø Performs or assists with trash out of apartment; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster.
Ø Assists with maintenance when requested.
Ø Reports supply needs to Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
Ø Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
Ø Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) according to safety guidelines.
Ø Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
Ø Insures that maintenance shops and storage areas remain locked & all equipment is secured when not in use.
Ø Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
Ø Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
Ø Required to report for emergency snow removal.
Ø Performs any additional duties assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Scheduling/On Call Requirements: The position is normally scheduled Monday through Friday but occasional overtime work may be required. This position required to report for snow removal.
· Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
· Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Familiar with Lead Based Paint requirements and MSDS sheets for all cleaning solvents, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
· Two years related experience and/or training; or
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Writing – Inventory maintenance, requisition, requests, required work order documentation.
· Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Valid Driver’s License
· Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to pick up supplies from vendors, and carry supplies, refuse to various locations within the property.
· Must have valid driver’s license, dependable personal vehicle, and automobile insurance.
· Standing, Walking, Hearing, Speaking, Bending/Stooping/Squating/Kneeling, Climbing, Pushing or Pulling, Reaching, Grasping/Gripping/Turning, Finger Dexterity, Lifting.
· Lifting/carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc;):
Over 150 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
75 - 150 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
25 - 75 lbs. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
1 - 25 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
· Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to see small detail when performing routine painting duties and to document and complete forms, read cautionary labels, respond to written instruction from staff and residents.
· Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach (observe problems throughout property).
· Indoors (66% to 100% of the time).
· Occasionally outdoors (0% to 33% of the time).
· Constant exposure (66% to100% of the time) to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, airborne particles, etc.
· Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to work in awkward and confining positions.
· Required to wear back support belt as needed and steel-toed shoes.
· Wear goggles when working with specific equipment.
· Wear masks and gloves and other safety equipment as tasks dictate.
· Vehicle equipped for hauling miscellaneous maintenance materials is required.
· An employee in this position must own the following hand tools and be knowledgeable and skilled in their safe use and maintenance:
Drop cloths paint brushes (various sizes)
roller pans cordless drill paint mixer attachment utility knife mud pan taping tools hammer
hand tools (pliers, screw drivers) electric saw
4 foot step ladder paint scraping tools
Additionally, an employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of cleaning fluids and tools, including mop, broom, vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaning equipment, buffer, hand truck, and wheelbarrow.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Kohner Properties, Inc - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard