Maintenance - Painter
The Painter is responsible for painting the property in accordance with company standards. The purpose of this position is to help ensure that the appearance and the physical condition of the property satisfy ownership and management objectives.
- Responsible for the continuous, routine painting of both the exterior and interior of the property.
- Paints such areas and items as hallways, bathrooms, lobbies, common areas, inside and outside railings, and benches.
- Performs all painting in accordance with a schedule determined and assigned by the Director of Maintenance at the end of each day.
- Completes a daily work slip as work assignments are finished, and provides the slip to the COM Manager at the end of each day.
- Receives training as needed with regard to the most effective and efficient methods of fulfilling his/her responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining all paint equipment and supplies in as clean and neat a condition as possible.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of paint equipment and supplies, and for informing the COM Manager of equipment and supply requirements.
- Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, visitors, and other employees.
- Wears the prescribed company uniform at all times during working hours.
- Responsible for wearing his/her company identification at all times while at work.
- Ensures the protection of surfaces not to be painted by laying drop cloths and tarps.
- Must have knowledge of surface peculiarities and types of paint and sealants for different applications.
- Must be able to mix colors, oils, and other ingredients to obtain proper shade, appearance, and consistency.
- Must be able to apply texture to ceilings and walls using an air texture applicator and hopper.
- Must be able to apply and finish wallpapers.
- Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Director of Maintenance, Assistant Manager, or Property Manager.
- Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the Director of Maintenance.
- Requires 1-3 year’s trade experience, formal, apprentice, or work related training.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand, walk, use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single grasp motions.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 60 pounds and move objects in excess of 100 pounds.
- Must have the abilities to load and unload trucks safely, climb and carry ladders, and travel by personal or company automobile to work location or to other designations as required.
- Must be able to work alone or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to deal with others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre employment screening
Anticipated Work Schedule: a 4-10 shift with overtime anticipated and expected during peak season to include working Saturdays.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Generous Benefits Package!!
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 10 months ago
Fort Campbell, KY
- 30+ days ago