Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking qualified Paleontological Monitors for a road construction project in Banning, Riverside County, California, likely to start in the near future. This opportunity is an on-call, temporary and part-time position. This position reports to Rincon's Project Manager with all of the work being performed at the Banning project site. Pay is pending qualifications and experience.
Job responsibilities include paleontological monitoring of construction activities, possible fossil collection and salvage, preparation of weekly monitoring summaries, and coordination with the Principal Paleontologist and Project Manager. As part of the fossil collection and salvage process, paleontological monitors will be required to accurately record paleontologic, lithologic, and stratigraphic data. If fossils are recovered, additional responsibilities may include assistance with fossil identification, cataloging, and preparation for curation.
Keyword: monitoring, fossils
- Prior paleontological field experience in California is required.
- At least one year experience in the collection and salvage of fossils is required.
- An undergraduate (Bachelors) degree in geology or paleontology is preferred; however, documented experience performing paleontological monitoring and fossil salvage may be substituted for some formal education.
- The ability to measure stratigraphic sections and describe sedimentary rocks is highly desirable.
- The ability to work outside in potentially adverse weather, on uneven terrain.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
From: Rincon Consultants, Inc.
Rincon Consultants, Inc. - 23 months ago