We're hiring now for the management team for our new store opening in Palo Alto Fall 2013.
The Container Store’s core competency is providing astonishing customer service. Our unique store reporting structure relies on a dedicated team to support and execute our goals. Successful salespeople at The Container Store drive sales by building selling relationships with customers that result in fulfilling customer’s storage and organization needs. In addition, all employees are responsible for supporting and executing the company’s merchandising vision.
A successful General Manager oversees all areas of store operations and is responsible for the store’s success and achievement of all stated revenue and financial goals. The General Manager is responsible for driving sales and the business through developing the skill level, talent and leadership of the Store Managers who report directly to him/her. In partnership with the Store Manager team, the General Manager is ultimately responsible for the attraction, retention and development of the entire store staff.
A successful Store Manager drives sales and the business by developing the skill level, talent and impact of all employees who report directly to him/her. A Store Manager role is supported by the General Manager to increase effectiveness as a leader.
All managers must provide consistent leadership, a positive attitude and an unwavering commitment to attention to detail and “everything matters.” The management approach The Container Store values most includes coaching to improve performance through gracious communication, accountability in goal setting and visionary leadership.
All Managers receive extensive training and are expected to display a strong command of The Container Store’s business approach to: buying philosophies, marketing strategies, visual merchandising, selling approach, inventory control, service standards, recruiting, training, and our unique company culture.
A General Manager position at The Container Store involves an extensive amount of training, support and skill building from your Regional and Area Director to increase his/her effectiveness as a company leader. The Vice President of Stores and Regional and Area Directors will make frequent visits to further support your impact and offer broader company perspective and career development.
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment. EOE.
- Possesses strategic leadership, time management and organization skills.
- Is a retail professional or vision-oriented leader who is passionate, strategic, motivated and focused in his/her approach to team development and business growth.
- Is dedicated to learning from others, constantly shares information and asks questions.
- Has a desire to lead by example with a grace of authority, embracing and adapting to change and maintaining respect, dignity and compassion.
- Identifies, recruits and contributes to the development of strong leaders that will benefit the growth of the company.
- Is able to quickly establish effective relationships with employees and customers to ultimately drive sales.
- Possesses strong selling skills, including anticipating the needs of customers and implementing the appropriate action or solution.
- Takes pride in being a product knowledge expert and thinking creatively about uses for our products to accomplish solution-based selling.
- Exudes a positive attitude and sustains a contagious energy throughout entire shift.
- Is dedicated to supporting a safe working and shopping environment.
- Is committed to working shifts as scheduled and has flexibility to work additional hours and/or different hours based on changing needs of the business – including additional training and store meetings.
Click to view physical requirements .
The Container Store is an innovative company that sells more than 10,000 unique storage and organization solutions. We are employee-first...