To supervise and direct the operations of the Paper Machine department to manufacture quality products while optimizing all aspects of employee safety, efficiency, and profitability.
To effectively supervise, on the assigned shift, the safe, timely and economical production of the Company's products in accordance with established quality standards and customer specifications. This requires:
• Supervising the effective training of people, assigning work, counseling, appraising, transferring, and providing disciplinary action, as necessary within provisions of formal agreements between management and recognized employee bargaining groups;
• Insuring good housekeeping and safety practices throughout the operation;
• Participating in supervisory, safety and other appropriate meetings where subjects such as safety, quality, and other related operational problems are discussed;
• Inspecting operations, assuring that equipment is in proper operating condition, and that established production standards are satisfied;
• Monitoring and adjusting operations to satisfy customer expectations;
• Willingness to work diverse hours, including +12 hour schedule days;
• Participating in team efforts to achieve mill-wide goals;
• Reviewing operations continually to introduce methods or procedures which will achieve economics in operation or quality improvement.
• Minimum of three (3) years in a papermaking facility/paper machine area;
• Chemical/Pulp & Paper Engineering degree a plus;
• Papermaking experience;
• Self-starter and extremely motivated;
• Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
Headquartered in York, Pennsylvania, Glatfelter is a global manufacturer of specialty papers and engineered products, offering over a...