We are seeking an experienced litigation paralegal to oversee the discovery process for several attorneys, from inception through appeals. Under attorney supervision, the paralegal will draft discovery demands and responses, review files and follow up with adversaries for compliance. Draft basic pleadings, arrange independent medical examinations, and conduct trial preparation, including subpoenas. Perform basic legal and medical research on-line. Effectively communicate and interact with adversaries, clients, and claims to exchange information and documentation relative to the litigation process. Update data and document communications in case file.
Experience and Education
- 2-3 years paralegal experience required; negligence defense paralegal experience preferred.
- Advanced oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowledge in conducting on-line legal research via Westlaw.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with ability to work in high volume and team
- Bachelor's degree preferred; certificate of completion from a recognized paralegal training
Chubb Group - 8 months ago