Family Design Resources, Inc. is seeking a full time paralegal to support the Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network Legal Services Initiative (SWAN LSI). SWAN is both a broad-based cooperative effort and a centralized information and facilitation service funded and overseen by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. SWAN includes county children and youth agencies, juvenile court judges, foster and adoptive parents, private adoption agencies, the Pennsylvania Adoption Exchange and many others, all working together on behalf of children who need permanent homes.
SWAN LSI was created in 2002 and is a network consisting of over 150 paralegals located in 66 counties. Our goal is to expedite permanency by eliminating barriers throughout the legal process.
Legal experience or general knowledge/work experience in child welfare and an Associates degree or Bachelors degree or paralegal certificate is preferred.
Job duties may include the following:
We are looking for a highly motivated team player with organizational and time management skills who can make a positive addition to the atmosphere in the county agencies. Our paralegals are required to engage in significant travel which may include overnight stays. Travel expenses are reimbursed as per our policies.
- Draft legal documents for solicitor review, including petitions, orders, motions and stipulations
- Participate in county court hearings and pre-hearing conferences
- Assist with all aspects of lay and expert witness preparation for testimony
- Facilitate and/or train on approved LSI training topics
- Support county best practices
- Conduct diligent searches to locate parents, relatives or other potential permanency resources or connections for children who are receiving services from, or are in the custody of the county and collaborate with caseworkers regarding all search results
We offer the opportunity for professional growth and advancement within our organization.
Our benefits package includes:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision
- Employer paid short term disability and life insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Contribution equivalent to 6% of your salary to your 401(k)
To learn more about FDR, please visit www.familydesign.org.
To learn more about LSI, please visit www.diakon-swan.org
Keywords: SWAN, LSI, FDR, Family Design Resources, Social Services, Legal
Family Design Resources, Inc. - 4 months ago