Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching out goal of becoming our industry's employer of choice. We believe that our success depends on a world class team with diverse and unequaled expertise. If you would like to be a part of a strategic organization where there are no limits we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG's Legal team.
AIG Property Casualty is seeking a full-time legal assistant with a strong interest in litigation to join its Litigation Department. Responsibilities will include:
Chartis is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry's most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.Chartisinsurance.com. At Chartis we support and encourage a diverse work environment. EOE.
- Receipt of time-sensitive service of process, including service relating to bankruptcy matters, on the AIG Property Casualty Companies and timely routing of same to appropriate custodians;
- Docket management, production of litigation reports, legal research, document review and production, management of AIG Property Casualty companies' response to third-party subpoena;
- Communications with in-house and outside counsel and various business people within AIG Property Casualty, assisting with small litigation matters, and drafting correspondence and other litigation papers;
- Candidate will report directly to the head of AIG Property Casualty Litigation.
- The ideal candidate will have strong academic credentials, at least one year of experience as a legal assistant in a law firm or at least one year of law school education;
- Position is ideal for a candidate who is currently an evening student at a local law school.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Knowledge of Westlaw would be helpful;
- Ability to work independently, to exercise sound judgment, and to get along well with others is essential.
- Position offers an opportunity to learn about the operation of a busy in-house litigation department, and an attractive compensation package.About Chartis
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...