At USIS | LABAT, we collaborate with our customers to provide specialized information and service solutions. USIS | LABAT provides growth opportunities for those who share a commitment to teamwork, progress, and integrity as well as a dedication to helping us maintain our position as the industry leader.
Join Our Team
Boost your career with USIS | LABAT. We're currently looking for skilled, energetic people who are dedicated to helping us support our clients’ mission critical needs who have the following skills.
Candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
The Paralegals will need to have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to interact effectively with other paralegals as well as managers, attorneys, examiners, investigators, accountants and other staff members.
- Establish and maintain case files, including use of electronic database and document management software including Concordance
- Enter data into computerized systems
- Obtain, organize and maintain documents in electronic and hard copy formats
- Review and summarize documents
- Conduct research using various sources of references, electronic databases and the Internet
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and other summaries of financial and other data
- Review case materials to become familiar with issues
- Interview potential witnesses and prepare summary interview reports for attorney review
- Prepare and organize trial exhibits for testimony and depositions
- Verify citations and legal references on prepared legal documents
- Prepare summaries of testimony and depositions
- Draft non-legal memoranda, research reports and correspondence relating to cases
- Copy documents
- Transition investigative cases to the trial unit
- Prepare and file pleadings in administrative and district court actions
- Assist Attorneys in drafting pleadings and coordinate upcoming depositions
- Assist with evidentiary presentations for trial by creating pretrial files, preparation of jury instructions, serving as witness coordinator and closing out litigation cases.
- Assist with court presentation needs (Power point and Sanction)
The physical requirements of the position include fairly frequent standing, walking, bending, lifting and carrying moderately heavy items such as boxes.
Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted.
At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very' helpful. At least one year of experience in automated litigation support. Requires sound working knowledge of legal system, legal research procedures and sources of information. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, analytic ability, and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw. Proficient with MS Office, Excel and Word. Experience with litigation support/document management software and databases, including Concordance and CaseMap extremely desirable. Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
USIS | LABAT
We are a premier provider of information management services to agencies, companies, and institutions that handle large volumes of data and have a fundamental need for confidentiality and security. We provide worry- and hassle-free information management solutions, allowing our clients to remain focused on their mission critical tasks.
Selected candidate must pass credit and background checks and pre-employment drug screening.
USIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Altegrity - 20 months ago