The Paralegal will assist the Company’s Legal Department with a variety of legal matters, with a primary focus on issues related to the Company’s business activities in the real estate marketplace, both distressed and non-distressed assets.
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be other related duties as assigned.
- Research issues related to the disposition of distressed and non-distressed real estate assets.
- Research issues related to the legal and regulatory requirements governing the Company’s activities.
- Provide research and guidance on the ordinary and special activities of the Company.
- Prepare legal documents including research memoranda, statutory analysis and findings.
- Perform legal compliance reviews.
- Assist in the resolution of customer and client issues.
- Provide guidance and support to other departments in the performance of their tasks and job functions.
- Prepare and review various legal documents.
- Provide support to other members of the Legal Department.
- Experience with distressed and non-distressed real estate transactions is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a legal environment, either in-house or at a law firm.
- Six (6) months to five (5) years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Possession of a paralegal certificate strongly preferred .
- Familiarity with the various methods of disposing of distressed and non-distressed real estate assets.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task, take initiative and work well independently. Ability to work on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assessments.
- Must possess strong and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must possess strong reading comprehension, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Must produce high quality work product.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Auction.com - 21 months ago