Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our products, essential to everyday living, are manufactured in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for operational excellence, sustainability and premier safety performance, Celanese delivers value to customers around the globe with best-in-class technologies. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company employs approximately 7,600 employees worldwide and had 2011 net sales of $6.8 billion, with approximately 73% generated outside of North America. For more information about Celanese Corporation and its global product offerings, visit www.beinyourelement.com
Purpose and Summary of position: (5-8 major activities):
Highly responsible Corporate Law Paralegal with extensive experience in public company in-house legal department(s). Assist lawyers in all stages of corporate transactions and with the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of business activities. Proven track record of working well in both a team environment and independently.
Assists in all aspects of ongoing securities laws compliance, including the preparation and filing of annual, quarterly and current SEC disclosure documents, and overseeing the preparation of Section 16 (Forms 3, 4 and 5) reports for stock transactions involving company insiders, including use of Edgar tools such as Webfilings.
Assists with NYSE disclosures (quarterly, annually, periodic).
Coordinate legal department support for the board of directors and its committees, including maintenance of the corporate records, the preparation and distribution of board materials, drafting minutes, resolutions, consents and similar materials.
Prepare necessary documents in connection with the annual meetings of stockholders, including drafting of internal inquiry memos, D&O questionnaires and proxy statement.
Draft and maintain the corporate entity structure chart, corporate/board and committee minute books, and related records for worldwide subsidiaries.
Assists with drafting of documents related to equity compensation and stock option plans.
Performs research regarding benchmarking, corporate and securities law matters and other similar projects.
Collaborate with members of the tax, finance and treasury departments on corporate entity restructuring projects.
Assists with document filings with the Secretary of State / Tax authorities of Texas, Delaware and other states and the counterparts in foreign countries.
- Assists in project manager role with various projects including, but not limited to, formation of various corporate, partnership or LLC entities; foreign qualifications; entity management; dissolutions; mergers; financings; and reorganizations.
Prepares and files annual reports in states or countries where corporations and other entities are incorporated and/or qualified to do business. Familiar with foreign entity and filing differences.
- Assists in closing of various corporate transactions, including maintaining and organizing closing documents and preparing paper and/or electronic closing binders.
- Domestic and international corporate entity queries and diligence.
- Drafts officer, director and shareholder consents, powers of attorney, proxies and other documents.
- Prepares stock certificates
Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities :
(Include 5 – 8 Major Activities)
Position will report to the Deputy General Counsel / SEC-Finance in the Dallas office of Celanese.
- A minimum of seven years of corporate paralegal experience required. College degree and/or Paralegal certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. BA/BS in Business, Finance or Accounting strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Westlaw/Lexis Research and preference that individual has experience using Webfilings, Blueprint (or similar entity management program) and Imanage (or similar document management software). Experience with Sharepoint and Boardvantage also a plus.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams for corporate transactions (internal and external)
The ideal candidate will have a desire to expand his/her knowledge of domestic and international corporate transactions and to assume increasing responsibilities in closing complex international transactions.
- Must be highly organized, responsive and detail oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as the position is required to interact with senior executives, attorneys, paralegals, staff and outside vendors around the world.
- Must have the ability to handle large volumes of work associated with each matter or transaction, and multiple matters at the same time, including drafting, reviewing and coordinating numerous documents, and work well under international deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Westlaw/Lexis Research and experience using Webfilings, Blueprint (or similar entity management program) and Imanage (or similar document management software) preferred. Experience with Sharepoint and Boardvantage also a plus.
- Notary public and ad hoc immigration assistance preferred.
Celanese - 24 months ago
Celanese Corporation gets a lot of good ink about its acetates. The company's primary operations include the manufacture of building...