Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC, one of the world's top producers of olefins and polyolefins and a leading supplier of aromatics, alpha olefins, styrenics, specialty chemicals, piping, and polymer resins. Chevron Phillips Chemical employs over 4,700 professionals at manufacturing sites and research/technology centers around the world. Chevron Phillips Chemical has the people, assets, and technology to pursue chemical opportunities on a global scale.
This Legal Assistant will work at the direction of counsel overseeing a variety of legal matters across the organization, with an emphasis on employment/labor law, human resources, and environmental law.
Responsibilities will include substantial client interface, docket administration, maintaining matter files, coordinating discovery responses, as well as gathering and assimilating information from multiple sources. Additional responsibilities include responding to subpoenas and drafting letters, memos, and routine legal documents. Other duties include performing basic legal research in the areas of domestic and international labor, employment, immigration, collections, medical privacy, and wage/hour as well as in all areas of environmental, health and safety laws and regulations. This position will also provide support and assist in preparing training materials.
- Minimum four years of Legal Assistant experience with Associates Degree or Paralegal certificate is required.
- Consideration will be made for candidates with 7+ years of Legal Assistant experience in employment and/or environmental law in lieu of an Associates Degree or Paralegal certification.
- Experience with compliance programs, government administrative proceedings, and incident reporting would be considered a plus.
- Previous hands-on experience in litigation and/or administrative disputes related to either environmental or employment/labor matters.
- Legal training and experience with domestic chemical or oil/gas company a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com .
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP is an equal opportunity employer.
Travel Requirements: None
Eligibility for Relocation: No
Closing Date: 02/16/2013
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
A coin toss determined whose name would go first when Chevron and Phillips Petroleum (now Phillips 66) formed 50-50 joint venture Chevron...