Deffenbaugh Industries is currently seeking a Legal Assistant / Paralegal to assist Corporate attorneys within the Legal Department. This person will be responsible for administrative support, case investigation, document drafting, research, and reporting.
This is a full time Legal Assistant / Paralegal position, responsible for the following duties:
- Opening and managing litigation files, including filing.
- Performing tasks related to handling a litigated matter such as investigation, filing pleadings with the court, and contact with the court system.
- Drafting documents, such as correspondence and pleadings.
- Preparing and updating required reports typically in Excel format.
- Researching a variety of legal, corporate, and industry related issues.
- Utilizing claim/litigation management systems
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- 5 years experience as a legal assistant / paralegal or legal secretary in a law firm or corporate legal department handling litigation
- Knowledge of litigated matters from the origination to resolution.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer software knowledge, including knowledge of Microsoft 2007 Word Processing Software, Excel 2007 Spreadsheet software, and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- Knowledge of Westlaw and internet search methods.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Good word processing skills with typing speed of 50-70 wpm.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate.
The work environment is an office setting; phones ringing, people meeting, all in a cubicle area.
The physical demands are the ability to lift 20 lbs for filing, sitting for long periods of time, speaking on the phone, using fingers for writing and typing. .
Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug/alcohol free work environment
Deffenbaugh Industries - 18 months ago