Job ID #: 22496
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Finance
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 3-5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Expedia is seeking an IP paralegal to join our Legal Team. The position focuses on trademark, domain name and copyright issues. If you are passionate about using your skills to work on a broad variety of IP matters, would enjoy thinking about travel-related goods and services, and "organized" is your middle name, then this may be the job for you! As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with business people across the company, and make their day by helping them out with their IP issues.
- This is a friendly small group atmosphere within a large company with tremendous brand name recognition.
- Our team routinely works on cutting edge domain name and IP issues.
- We wake up each morning seeing opportunities, not obstacles, in our day.
- Additionally - We play hard AND have fun!
You will work on global trademark, domain name and copyright matters, including the following:
- Assist with trademark clearance, prosecution and portfolio management, including gathering requests and factual information from the business, conducting preliminary searches in-house, and advising the business on trademark availability.
- Work on domain name matters, including registrations and new extension launches.
- Manage IP dispute/enforcement matters, including tracking status of matter, gathering factual information from business, and coordinating with outside and in-house counsel.
- Track status of business requests and coordinate work to fulfill them.
- Advise the business on the company's IP policies.
- Maintain IP policy and form documents.
- Assist with trademark licenses.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- Excellent organization and execution skills. Will need to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player who enjoys working with a wide variety of people and who can work both independently and in groups.
- Ability to analyze, think strategically and problem solve.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to prioritize projects, set internal client expectations, and plan for deadlines.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and flexiibility.
Core Competencies :
- Prior paralegal experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience as a Trademark or Intellectual Property paralegal strongly preferred.
- In-house experience and domain name experience is a plus.
- If you have demonstrated excellent organizational, analytical and prioritization skills in a prior role, and would be interested in this position, please let us know!
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solver
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...