As a Paralegal with Family Health Centers of San Diego, you provide paralegal and administrative support services to the Senior Vice President-General Counsel of the organization. Your excellent writing and communication skills, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, support the SVP-General Counsel in managing FHCSD's regulatory compliance program, contract management, document retention, and privacy programs. You also are responsible for coordinating incident responses, docket management, discovery responses, and general project management. In addition, you spend approximately 15% of your time providing administrative and program support to the SVP-General Counsel.
- Assist with the coordination of compliance program, including regulatory compliance, privacy, and other program activities.
- Coordinates incident response program; works with leadership and managers to ensure appropriate and timely response to incidents.
- Develop, draft, and deploy various policies organization wide. Work with a variety of departments to ensure policies are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Oversee deployment and communication strategies for updated and new policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide contractual analysis and interpretation; prepare contracts and other documents for approval; manage contracts within assigned scope of duty.
- Provide corporate legal assistance in assigned areas, including document retention, document review, privacy issues, docket support (coordinating responses to subpoenas, litigation, etc.), human resources support, and other areas.
- Provides general administrative support to SVP-General Counsel, including calendar/schedule support, correspondence, meeting support, etc.
- 5 years of paralegal experience required or Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program and 2 years of paralegal experience required.
- Associate's degree in paralegal studies or closely related field preferred.
- Experience in Healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience with Lean and Process Improvement preferred.
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- In-house experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to influence others without direct supervisory responsibility; ability to drive results and achieve objectives through others.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight and competing deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time-management skills, and strong motivation to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of contracts; ability to read contracts, understand them, and interpret contract language to a wide variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of corporate law, including knowledge of legal research and legal research tools.
- Knowledge of healthcare specific law preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean methodology and process improvement preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong skills in computer applications and software, including MS Office suite.