Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP is recognized as the world's leading global immigration services provider. With over 40 offices in key locations worldwide, Fragomen has the resources and the reach to provide strategic and effective immigration solutions for over 140 countries around the globe. We provide comprehensive immigration services for short and long-term international assignments, permanent transfers and the local hire of foreign workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities : As an integral member of the team, our Paralegals work closely with Attorneys and Senior level Paralegals on all aspects of case preparation for temporary and permanent visa petitions and applications.
Our Boston office is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced Immigration Paralegal to join our team.
- Perform intake of cases, troubleshooting and establishing case strategy.
- Analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency.
- Drafting petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits.
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural and case processing issues, assisting with the review of cases.
- Review and approve client billing under supervision of partner or attorney.
- Prioritize and assign cases, monitor workload and production.
- Oversee status of cases through utilization of case management and billing systems. Run reports as needed.
- Work closely in team environment and provide updates while building knowledge of Firm and client processes.
- Learn procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Identify ways to improve team productivity and office-wide projects.
- 3+ years of experience as a business immigration paralegal.
- Experience drafting RFEs and PERM Audit responses, and drafting and filing large volumes of immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, including Outstanding Researcher and PERM.
- Possesses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and client processes.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume case load while maintaining high level of productivity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to Multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Meets assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team.
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment.
- BA or BS degree.
Fragomen is recognized as the world's leading immigration services provider. Immigration is not just a practice area within our firm - it is...