This position will assist the Hillshire Brands' Legal Department in the area of commercial contracts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Under appropriate attorney supervision:
- Traditional paralegal duties with a focus on assisting with the preparation and review of contracts and contract schedules related to the procurement of goods and servics for Hillshire Brands;
- Review RFPs and basic agreements related to the sale of Hillshire Brands Foodservice products
- Prepare and review basic non-disclosure agreements
- Coordinate with HSH Risk Management and Commercial Contracts attorneys on certain insurance-related provisions in commercial contracts
- Assist HSH Commercial Contracts attorneys on implementation of effective contract filing system--and coordinate with internal client groups on same
- Participate on other projects and matters as assigned by General Counsel and Legal Department attorneys
- Bachelor's degree required
- Paralegal certificate from an accredited program required
- At least 3-6 years paralegal experience required in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented, self-motivated, exercises good judgment, and capable of working fairly independently with oversight from multiple attorneys
- Microsoft Office expertise required with Powerpoint and Excel skills preferred.
Hillshire Brands focuses on providing meat-centric food products that satisfy consumer appetites and offer exceptional quality and value. The flagship brands of our reinvigorated company include Ball Park, Gallo Salame, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean and State Fair. In addition, the company produces the well-loved Sara Lee frozen desserts. The Hillshire Brands foodservice division serves our portfolio of products to restaurants, schools, convenience stores, healthcare facilities, hospitality venues and other food service operations. Collectively, these brands generate approximately $4 billion in revenue as they touch millions of consumers in North America.
At Hillshire Brands, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. All employees have a voice, and your ideas are valued. As an employee of the company, your individual contributions will make a significant impact on our overall success. Our organization benefits from the passion of individuals working together, so as an employee of Hillshire Brands you will have an opportunity to further develop your skills, gain new experiences and build new capabilities.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
- 20 months ago - save job
Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is the nation's leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The...