Job Title |
Atlanta - GA
U. S. Legal
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Support in-house and outside counsels’ defense efforts on FINRA Arbitration and Litigation Cases including:
• Enter FINRA arbitration and civil litigation cases on the databases
• Gather all documents and information related to cases. Work with Relativity e-discovery system
• Monitor activity of cases primarily for IFP, IFA, DSL, INGAE, IIA, Systematized Benefits Assn.
• Act as liaison between counsel and client in coordinating discovery responses, depositions, etc.
• Prepare reports regarding status of cases
• Participate in scheduled calls with management
Support in-house and outside counsel in responding to regulatory (FINRA, SEC) and state examinations and Investigations
Manage select non-broker/dealer litigation cases and competing claims to conclusion.
Prepare, monitor and update Litigation Holds/Document Preservation Notices.
Other Responsibilities: support service of process team with various miscellaneous matters, work on special projects with CSI and Compliance.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of two (2) years experience as a litigation or corporate paralegal or substantially performing litigation or corporate paralegal responsibilities, as described below, including absolute proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with CT TyMetrics legal billing system is a plus.
What else can we tell you?
At ING, we truly believe in making things easier for our employees and clients. We understand the link between employee and customer satisfaction and want to offer you a different type of employee experience that recognizes your contribution and acknowledges individual needs, interests and stages in life. Our state-of-the-art facility is located on Powers Ferry Road in Atlanta, a convenient commute from most metro areas. The office includes a corporate gym, on-site cafeteria, free parking, leading edge technology, and much, much more. Business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 17 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...