We are looking for a Paralegal with previous experience in a demanding commercial & litigation (federal and state) law office or corporate legal department. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, organized and a self starter. This is a great opportunity for a sharp, self-motivated and driven candidate to grow in a fast-paced and exciting environment. This position offers the chance for accelerated career growth in an ever evolving industry.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequent changing priorities and interruptions in a fast-paced work environment;
- Contract review and workflow management on behalf of Attorneys;
- Drafts documentation for amendments, qualifications, withdrawals, merger and dissolutions of corporations, LLCs and partnerships
- Conducts legal research and analysis with respect to all areas of corporate governance and legal compliance
- Prepares and files annual reports for miscellaneous LLC’s and/or Partnerships;
- Maintains corporate minute book, including the issuance of stock certificates, drafting of minutes and resolutions for Board of Directors, shares transfer agreements, and stock ledgers.
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to management.
- Maintains currency in paralegal practices and methodologies
- Manage dissemination of highly confidential information discreetly and professionally.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of the corporate paralegal profession
- Rules and regulations of the corporate governance, securities and compliance
- Communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Provide a high level of customer service, while guiding others through stressful situations
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications
- Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel. Experience using Westlaw and Lexus Nexus are a plus.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Associate's Degree and a minimum of (5) year experience in a commercial/litigation law firm or supporting in-house counsel.
- Paralegal /Legal Assistant Certificate from an ABA accredited institution is preferred, but not necessary if candidate has adequate work experience as a paralegal/legal assistant.
IntegraClick - 18 months ago