As a Paralegal, you will support functions and activities of the Litigation Department under supervision of the attorney(s), and work within the (LC&P) Legal Compliance and Public Policy area.
- Work independently, under supervision of lawyer, to respond to subpoenas, tax levies, and garnishments in accordance with company procedures
- Assist litigation attorneys in issuance and monitoring of litigation hold orders and document gathering
- Research, retrieve, and organize company records in accordance with the Litigation Procedures Manual
- Assist litigation attorneys with cases or arbitrations, principally relating to the sale and administration of securities, annuities, and life insurance
- Track litigation information in company database.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience: educational concentration and/or paralegal certificate with minimum 3 years relevant experience is preferred
- Experience in the insurance/financial services industry a plus
- Have performed under stress in fast paced highly regulated environments
- Ability to draft succinct and appropriate business letters and e-mails
- Have demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with professionalism and discretion.
- Have experience managing multiple tasks effectively and showing strong flexibility.
- Computer skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficiency with e-discovery tools and e-mail archiving systems
- Proficiency with business unit systems (AWD, Taxport etc.)
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
Lincoln Financial Group - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Lincoln Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization headquartered in the Philadelphia region. With $150 billion as of...