Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s, B747-ERF’s, and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
Provide a broad range of administrative and paralegal support to the Company General Counsel (this is a one-attorney law department)
• Manage all administrative and operational matters for the legal department and General Counsel
• Manage legal department work and project flows, and case dockets
• Create and manage a matter management system for the legal department
• Document and file management
• Assist with formulation and implementation of internal office policies and procedures for the legal department
• Provide corporate secretarial support including for corporate board meetings
• Maintain entity and corporate officer and director databases
• Liaise with external counsel and manage external counsel billing
• Coordination and cooperation with other corporate departments
• Prefer Paralegal education and certificate of completion from an ABA approved paralegal training program or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent combination of education and experience
• Three (3) to Five (5) or more years of paralegal or equivalent experience including legal department administration or management experience
• Basic legal research skills
• Recent litigation, corporate secretarial and corporate board support experience as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills and keen attention to detail.
• Must have solid organizational skills and high proficiency in computer usage including Microsoft Office applications, Excel and PowerPoint
• Achievements in building and/or maintaining document/file/matter management systems
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by enthusiasm, pride in work, strong work ethic, and the ability to interact with colleagues and superiors in a positive and professional manner, even under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and good judgment
• Ability to handle multiple and varied tasks simultaneously; ability to work overtime at short notice
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE.
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 17 months ago