SurveyMonkey is the world's leading provider of web-based survey solutions, but there's really much more to us than that. We're a smart, passionate group of people who work hard to deliver the best survey experience on the planet, period. We do this because we believe everyone deserves easy access to the insights and information they need to make better, more informed decisions.
We're also proud to admit that despite our incredible growth over the past 10 years, we refuse to grow up. We are still small and nimble; everyone plays an impactful role; and when we say good ideas can come from anyone, we mean it.
SurveyMonkey is trusted by millions of customers, including 99% of the Fortune 500, as well as other businesses, academic institutions and organizations of all shapes and sizes. In any given month, we collect more than 40 million survey responses from people in all countries around the world. Our customers come from almost every country in the world and we serve them from five offices in three countries.
If this sounds like home to you, and you're ready to make your work matter to millions, we'd love to meet you.
SurveyMonkey’s legal team is looking for a tech-savvy paralegal with legal project management experience and a desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment that values initiative and attention to detail. As an internet business, we often operate on the leading edge of the legal sphere, where the law struggles to keep up with technology. This makes our work very interesting and, being an internet business, we look to use technology where we can to make our jobs easier and more effective. As a team member, you will play a key role in helping to organize the legal team, to provide outstanding support to the rest of SurveyMonkey, and to get business done. We do serious work, but we also don’t take ourselves too seriously.
If working in an environment like this sounds like it’s up your alley, we’d love to have you on board.
In this role, you will:
- Manage administration of NDAs and other contracts (coordinating signing, scanning, and filing of contracts)
- Organize and maintain corporate records (minute books, certificates, etc.)
- Maintain our IP databases
- Support SurveyMonkey’s patent program
- Liaise with legal service providers regarding budgeting and billing management issues
- Respond to customer compliance-related inquiries and requests
- Respond to certain document and information requests from other internal teams
- Assist the legal team with various other legal and administrative tasks
- Experience a fun start-up environment with terrific people
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record
- 3+ years of relevant paralegal, legal operations, or contract management experience
- In-house technology company experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to change
- Experience in maintaining contract processes and trademark portfolios a plus
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.