At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't only the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in timberland management and manufacturing and distribution of wood products in the world.
This position will report to the Assistant General Counsel, General Corporate Section of the Law Department and assists on transactional work as well as other paralegal work that may be assigned.
- Develop and/or review due diligence request lists
- Accumulate and organize all due diligence materials in electronic form for acquisition/divestiture transaction
- Review due diligence materials and prepare abstract of terms for use in preparing disclosure schedules
- Complete and assemble legal transaction documents (disclosure schedules, bills of sale, assignment and assumption agreement)
- Coordinate closing purchase and/or sale transactions
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate from ABA (American Bar Association) approved institution or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years or more professional experience as a corporate and transactional paralegal.
- Strong technical skill set; able to work effectively with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to multi-task and move from project to project with ease.
- Knowledge of corporate rules.
- Knowledge of the steps necessary to complete a transaction.
- Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with peers, customers, and all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and listening) with the ability to work with, influence, and inform diverse groups; able to effectively share knowledge and influence others to act.
- Able to function independently and adapt readily to multiple assignments and deadlines and a virtual team environment.
- Ability to deal with high-volume, rapid cycles, concurrent deadlines, and changing priorities.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and develop mitigation strategies in advance.
- Takes initiative and accepts personal responsibility for work.
If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces a...