Responsible for the care, transport, and treatment of ill/injured patients in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Responsible for relaying and receiving information regarding the patient and patient condition. The Paramedic is responsible for complying with all regulatory requirements, BHAS departmental policy and practice, safety policies and practice, hospital policies, and operating within the scope of a certified Paramedic as defined by the state of Indiana. The Paramedic must possess the required knowledge and skills to appropriately care for and manage neonatal, infant, pediatric, adult, and elderly patients.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Associate's degree is preferred
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of an approved Paramedic training program.
Minimum Licensure/Certification/Registration Requirements
- Experience in an EMS setting is preferred but not required.
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers or Red Cross Professional Rescuer, AHA ACLS, and AHA PALS required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (CPR).
- Indiana Operator's License.
- Indiana Paramedic Certification (EMT-P).
- Maintains driver insurability as required by Bloomington Hospital.
- Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals (PEPP) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS).
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Certification (PHTLS).
- *Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Constantly (67 - 100%): Walking, Sitting, Reaching, and Twisting
- Frequently (66-34%): Bending/Stooping, Climbing Stairs, Computer Usage
- Occasionally (1 - 33%): Climbing Ladder and Kneeling/Squatting
- Rarely (< 1%): Crawling
- Will constantly carry up to 50 lbs and frequently up to 100 lbs
- Will constantly lift up to 50 lbs and frequently up to 100 lbs
- Will constantly pull up to 100lbs
- Will constantly push up to 100 lbs
Bloomington Hospital - 16 months ago