- The fundamental responsibility of the EMT-P is to conserve life, to alleviate suffering, to promote health, to do no harm and to encourage the quality and equal availability of emergency medical care. The EMT-P is qualified in advanced pre-hospital emergency care and services by a competency-based educational program of clinical, didactic, and practice. The standard of practice of the EMT-P shall be in accordance with the most current edition of the US DOT “Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic: National Standard Curriculum”, as modified by the MS SDOH DEMS and AMR.
- Assess each call situation to determine the best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given and to show compassion.
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management and direct patient care as needed.
- Operate the ambulance in accordance to company driving policies.
- Read maps and support vehicle operator with directions to minimize call response time.
- Keep current on certifications and continuing education.
- Communicate with dispatch to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response and to maintain the image of AMR.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR’s image and establish strong community relations.
- Document activities completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Negotiate with customers regarding additional service when appropriate (e.g., return transport).
- Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Other duties as defined in the job description
Pinnacle Partners In Medicine - 13 months ago