is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes. Consistent with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Return to Previous Page
At least 21 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work. EMT-P Certification from a recognized EMT training program and EMT-Paramedic Certification from County of Kern EMS. Prefer at least 1 year of experience in the field of pre-hospital EMS . Must be insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy. Legible handwriting and ability to use electronic reporting equipment.
Under general supervision, provide basic to advanced emergency rescue and paramedical care to the ill and injured. Guide and support EMT’s and/or students in the application of appropriate EMS techniques as required. Perform direct illness/injury assessment and management, preparation for transport, transfer of information and compassionate patient care.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in pre-hospital setting.
2. Operate equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments.
3. Attend to emergency medical requests as they arise and render advanced paramedical assistance to seriously ill or injured patients as required.
4. Perform initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specified protocols and procedures.
5. Prepare or assist in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocols and procedures.
6. Provide direct paramedical and comprehensive patient care as required in each individual case.
7. Lead, guide, and/or assist in the training of EMT’s and/or students as specifically assigned.
8. Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental standards and/or infection control standards.
9. Inspect emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
10. Complete and transfer patient care information and records as per established procedures.
11. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
At least 1 year of experience in the field of pre-hospital EMS.
Report writing and records maintenance skills.
Knowledge of and skill in the application of advanced paramedic protocol and procedures.
Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocol and procedures.
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
Knowledge of the use of emergency medical transport procedures, facilities and equipment.
Ability to provide guidance and support to EMT staff and/or students.
Knowledge of emergency medical equipment maintenance regulations and policy standards.
1. Current & valid Kern County Licensure as a Paramedic
2. Current & valid State of California licensure as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/Paramedic
3. Current & valid Ambulance Driver Certification
4. Current & valid Medical Examiners Certificate
5. Annual TB clearance
6. Current & valid Class C California Drivers License
7. Current & valid CPR & First Aid certification
8. In good standing with State & County EMSA
PARAMEDIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Frequency and number of hours a day the worker is required to do the following specific types of activities
# OF HOURS A DAY
LIFTING: From floor to 48 inches
75 lbs. minimum; 76+ lbs. with assistance
Hall Ambulance Service - 2 years ago