Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Two years of driving experience required, with at least six months experience driving vans, or larger vehicles, in heavy traffic, preferred. *Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class “B” with a Passenger endorsement. Knowledge of the Paratransit requirements defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) preferred.
• A Paratransit Bus Operator drives specially equipped Paratransit vans and vehicles over routes that may vary daily in order to effectively serve the transportation needs of people with disabilities, who are the Authority's Paratransit patrons.
• Provides curb-to-curb transportation in a courteous and efficient manner. Operate vehicles and perform all duties in accordance with the rules, regulations, and policies and consistent with the safety and welfare of the general public.
• Is responsible for safe operation of paratransit lifts and equipment and maintaining a reasonable schedule.
• Locate customer addresses through use of maps, directions and other aids.
• Pick up passengers at designated locations, discharge passengers at destination, collect fares, record time and miles and provide assistance in loading and securing passengers, when necessary.
• This position is also responsible for being a source of information for passengers as well as reporting traffic conditions and mechanical problems to appropriate departments.
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must pass a physical examination, including drug / alcohol screen
- Must have a favorable job history and satisfactory references
- Employees must have the ability to arrive at work on time to permit maintenance of schedules
- Must have the ability to read map coordinates for pick-ups’ given by dispatch.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position requires working non-traditional and/or odd hours, split-shifts on various days of the week, including holidays. Work is primarily performed out of doors and on-board transit vehicles. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must: Regularly hear, sit, reach with hands and arms, and use leg/foot to reach or handle controls. Regularly exert physical effort. Finger and manual dexterity are regularly needed to drive non-power steering vehicles and to operate door and dispense transfers. Frequently talk, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects or controls. Regularly required to stoop, bend, and twist at the waist, occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, push or pull, and climb stairs. Possess visual acuity including distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly be exposed to fumes, odors, and moderate noise. Have a high degree of memory and concentration.
Hours of Work: Variable shifts, 8 hours a day, 5 days of the week for 40 hours. May include weekends.
Salary Range: Training/Starting $10.87 per hour, thereafter, the rates are in accordance with a Collective Agreement between the Union and Central Arkansas Transit Authority (CATA).
Central Arkansas Transit Authority - 6 months ago
The Central Arkansas Transit Authority is providing notice that it will be accepting diesel quotes from interested vendors to fuel CATAs...