The Parcel Delivery Route Driver’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of FedEx Ground packages, in support of PCF's contract with FedEx Ground, while maintaining client satisfaction and adherence to safety regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Perform daily pre-trip safety inspections on all equipment.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
- Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures.
- Collect cash or checks for freight charges, as required, and maintain required documentation.
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch as required, including but not limited to: delays, arrivals and equipment problems.
- Communicate with customers to determine pick-up or delivery needs.
- Demonstrate internal and external customer service.
- Solicit additional business from customers, and provide leads for potential new opportunities.
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, safety standards, as well as company policies/procedures
- Deliver additional open routes on an as needed basis.
- May be required to perform chaining of vehicle tires
- Extensive knowledge of geography and demographics of assigned area.
- Perform other duties as required
Action Oriented, Listening, Functional / Technical Skills, Integrity & Trust, Perseverance, Time Management, Patience, Peer Relationships,
Customer Focus, Standing Alone, Composure
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Technical and Functional
Required Physical Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed the established customer service objectives.
- Must have valid driver’s license in the state where residing.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Clean Driving record required.
- Ability to routinely lift heavy items.
- Ability to lift/carry hand freight weighing up to 75 lbs. individually and 150 lbs. with assistance.
- Able to operate delivery truck.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
Experience, Education and Certifications Required
- Able to meet deadlines and attendance standards.
- Able to work weekends (Saturdays/Sundays) as needed, early morning, daytime and evenings hours.
- Able to drive during early and late hours and in adverse conditions.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of delivery driving experience (box truck or similar) within past three years.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent
PCF - 10 months ago
Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Inc. (PCF) helps publications of all sizes reduce costs, expand or maintain their delivery footprint,...