Under general supervision, plans, conducts and coordinates activities for parents with children participating in the Illinois State Board of Education Pre-kindergarten grant-funded program.
1. Responsible for conducting parent meetings during the academic year.
2. Maintains the parent lending library, adding to the collection as necessary.
3. Conducts at least one home visits with each family during the academic year.
4. Plans and implements at least two Family Activities per academic year.
5. Works with the Preschool For All classroom teacher to develop home activities for the children.
6. Assists the Preschool For All classroom teacher with pre-school screenings.
7. Attends appropriate staff development training workshops/seminars/courses to enhance knowledge in the field of early childhood education.
8. Communicates effectively with children, family members, staff, students and other visitors to the Center.
9. Complies with standards and guidelines of the Preschool For All grant, Children's Learning Center policies, NAEYC accreditation guidelines, DCFS licensing standards, and Illinois Excelerate regulations.
10. Completes NAEYC Parent Surveys every Spring.
11. Evaluates effectiveness of family-center engagement activities.
12. Coordinates dental, vision and hearing screenings.
13. Maintains records of all home visits and parent attendance at meetings.
14. Monitors parent/child response to activities in the home.
15. Maintains records of presentations and family activities.
16. Performs other duties as requested or assigned that are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Employee is subject to indoor work, with occasional exposure to the elements. The noise level is moderate. Physical activities include/involve stooping, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, lifting, hearing, talking, using hands, and exerting up to 50 lbs. of force on a semi-regular basis.
Children's Learning Center
Status of Position:
1. Associate's degree in child development or related field.
2. Ability to relate to a population with varied ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
1. Bachelor's degree in child development, early childhood education or related field.
2. Experience working with parents and families.
3. Bilingual in Spanish.
4. Knowledge of the Illinois State Board of Education Preschool For All grant program.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Prairie State College - 9 months ago