This position is a 20hrs/week Monday-Friday.
The person is responsible for providing training, resources and information to parents of individuals with disabilities about special education and related topics. Addidtionally:
• Collects, organizes and analyzes information about parents needs through surveys, interviews and professional sources
• Markets the Special Education Parent Center in the community
• Act as the primary liaison to school districts throughout the Capital Region and represents the Special Education Parent Center at events
• Assists parents in connecting with community based organizations, special education professionals and school district personnel
• Provides one-to-one and/or small group trainings on topics associated with Special Education.
A Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and five years experience working with children and/or parents of children with disabilities ; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Daily access to an automobile is required. A valid New York State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
Wildwood Programs. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard