SAMLARC HOA is seeking a full -time highly energetic individual to assist in Beach Club and Park maintenance operations.
Under general supervision of the Parks & Facility Operations Manager, assists in and performs planning, coordination and implementation of maintenance and operation functions for a comprehensive property management, maintenance and leisure service program for a variety of community parks, trails and aquatic facilities (This position is an exempt position under the “Administrative” exemption category).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Mentor part-time employees, monitor sub-contractors, instructors and volunteers, in the areas of performance, compliance with contracts, and supply purchases.
• Report performance of part-time employees and sub-contractors to the Manager of Parks and Facility Operations.
• Oversee vendor’s compliance to agreed service contracts at all facilities, and bring to the Manager’s attention all concerns and/or issues.
• Monitor the service request receiving process and assign related work orders, in accordance with established procedures.
• Enforce all applicable safety, health and environmental regulations.
• Assist with contractual agreements with vendors and contractors.
• Oversee vendor compliance at all facilities. Communicate concerns and/or issues relating to compliance to the Supervisor.
• Ensure that the vendor Score Card System is conducted on a regular schedule.
Coordinate, Supervise, and Administer Facility Usage
• Assist in monitoring policies and guidelines.
• Respond to homeowner inquires regarding facility usage.
• Responsible for registering, approving, recording, monitoring and evaluating all facility rentals.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of all Association and Merit sponsored community events.
• Assist in preparation of quarterly usage reports for the Board of Directors as follows: vandalism, usage, closures, and maintenance and/or repair projects.
• Respond to homeowner inquires regarding facility usage.
• Responsible for notifying, registering, initiating agreements, obtaining appropriating insurance documents, approving, recording, monitoring and evaluating all facility rentals specifically related to the Beach Club, Fiesta Room, community pools and Lakeshore Amphitheater.
• Initiate coordination of security and law enforcement as necessary.
• Responsible for all front desk operations when necessary. Including but not limited to telephone, clerical activities, interfacing with residents, other.
• Respond to customer service calls and issue related work orders, in accordance with established procedures.
• Receive materials delivered to the onsite office, process documentation, and forward to the responsible parties.
• Maintain lost and found depository.
• Initiate registration and supervision of all boating activity, including but not limited to inspections, insurance requirements, maintenance and membership.
• Monitor and report any violators of the policies and guidelines to the Supervisor.
• Co-ordinate and attend as requested by the Supervisor, Director of Operations and/or Executive Director designated meetings and functions.
• Initiate all provisions outlined in the Procedural Manual
• Recommend policies, guidelines and appropriate service levels to Supervisor.
• Verify resident card access identification, provide card information relative to lost, replaced or change of status cards and regularly maintain modem connections to all park facilities.
• Responsible for the set up, break down and clean-up of all board meetings, sport council meetings and functions requested by SAMLARC management staff.
• Maintain effective relations with vendors, other agencies and members; respond to all inquiries utilizing Merit standards.
• Responsible for all monies collected from boat rentals, facility and equipment rentals, and card access registration.
• Verify for payment, service invoices, for all non-routine invoices subject to established budget guidelines.
• May forward all invoices to Merit Corporate Office, on a weekly schedule, in a timely fashion for payment processing.
• Responsible for walkthroughs of all park facilities, and to direct responsible vendor for repairs and in accordance with budget guidelines.
• Coordinate quotations for facility maintenance and/or repairs per Reserve Study and other items as deemed necessary. Compile all information and quotation documents to the Supervisor in written format.
• Update all project files and maintenance manuals.
• Responsible for updating and verifying completion of the monthly maintenance calendar.
• Provide constant input to superiors regarding changes in maintenance, repairs, purchases or policies that may decrease liability or enhance homeowner satisfaction.
• This position assists in monitoring part-time employees, sub-contractors, instructors, and volunteers and responsible for maintaining office equipment and supplies.
• General knowledge of planning, organizing, and administering parks and facility operations activities including maintenance, contract administration, facility management, property management and recreation programming.
• General knowledge of landscape, building and aquatics maintenance techniques, and applicable building codes.
• Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computer software programs. Thorough knowledge of facility inspection practices.
• Must understand principles and practices of Parks and Recreation
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• First Aid and CPR certificate within 6 months.
• Must be articulate and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse variety of individuals and groups in carrying out the division’s activities; organize and present oral and written reports.
• Must own vehicle and have current CA driver license and ability to name Merit as additionally insured on policy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Must be knowledgeable of principles and practices of Park & Recreation and related maintenance requirements and possess an Associates Degree or equivalent with emphasis in Recreation or a closely related field; five hundred (500) to one thousand (1,000) hours of group recreational activity leadership, property management and/or facility maintenance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be proficient in project scheduling, understand principles and practices of Parks & Recreation and related maintenance requirements and possess a Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Recreation or a closely related field; two (2) years of full time experience in recreation, property management and/or facility maintenance, including one (1) year of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
• California Driver’s License; Aquatic Facility Operator Certification is desirable.
Flexible weekday & weekend work required. Full time weekday & weekend schedule, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and extra hours as necessary for Board, Committee, and/or ad-hoc meeting attendance, and SAMLARC Community Events and Programs.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -