The City of Germantown is seeking a part-time Park Ranger to be responsible for patrolling Germantown parks and green belt areas by foot, vehicle or bicycle.
• Park rule enforcement
• Public relations, education, and emergency response
• Secure park facilities
• Turn athletic field lights on and off at appropriate times
• Prepare reports outlining patrol activities
• Perform light maintenance duties, such as trash pick-up, restroom cleaning and trail maintenance using a backpack blower
• May work special events to provide crowd control and to give directions and information.
• Knowledge of the Germantown park areas
• Ability to communicate effectively to enforce rules, resolve disturbances and promote good will
• Ability to operate communication devices
• Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately in emergency situations
• Flexibility to work some nights, weekends and holidays
Qualifications: High School graduate or equivalency. Prior natural resource experience preferred. CPR, First Aid, AED certified or ability to obtain. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Driving record and background check will be conducted.
Schedule: Nights and weekends. Approximately 20 hours per week; exact hours may vary according to park activities.
Submit a City of Germantown Part-time Employment Application to the Human Resource Office, 1930 South Germantown Rd. Germantown, TN 38138. Human Resources retains applications for a particular position only until the position has been filled. For each opportunity you apply for within the City, you will be required to submit a new application.
City of Germantown, TN - 22 months ago